A quality coffee burr grinder is arguably the best appliance you should invest in for coffee. Everything comes down to the grind. If you’re looking to get a good quality grinder that can handle everything from pressurized portafilter espresso, to pour over, to french press, but you don’t want to break the bank, the Bodum Bistro is something to look at. It’s the Cork and Java top pick for entry level coffee grinding.
Purchase this Bodum Burr Grinder HERE.
This grinder is, again, an entry-level grinder at about $100, which is about half of what most coffee gurus recommend you spend on a first grinder. This grinder obviously does not grind as consistently as something in the $200 range, but is surprisingly consistent as compared to others at the same price point. The Bodum Bistro can more than hold its own for someone just getting started in coffee.
The BISTRO Burr Grinder crushes beans between stainless steel conical burrs rather than slicing them which preserves bean’s intrinsic flavor and aroma and provides a consistent grind; no sharpening required.
• Push button, pre-set timer allows users to grind the exact amount of coffee needed, keeping beans fresh and preventing waste
• Adjustable grind allows users to go from Espresso to French Press with ease
• Colorful, compact, space-saving design
• Equipped with a friction clutch, preventing damage to the grinding gear by the presence of small stones
• Borosilicate glass catcher reduces static cling of coffee grounds
**Cork and Java is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com**