Hijinx sent us some kits that allow you to make ice cream at home, with just a blender. No ice cream machine or special equipment needed. You can make whatever flavor you want by adding whatever you want to the recipe. It even can incorporate alcohol to make boozy ice cream!
Check them out: https://hijinxicecream.com/
We made a Mulled Wine Flavor this week:
– HIJINX ice cream mix
– 1 ½ cups whole milk
– 4 oz red wine
– 1 teaspoon orange zest
– 1 teaspoon honey
– 1 whole clove
– 1 teaspoon all spice
– ½ whole cinnamon stick
– ½ cup heavy cream
1. Warm wine with all the above spices and honey on the stove over medium-high heat until it just beings to bubble.
2. Add milk and bring up to warm temperate again.
3. Remove from heat. Strain the liquid from the spices.
4. Using a blender, combine one packet of HIJINX with the above mixture and orange zest. Make sure HIJINX is dissolved completely.
5. Transfer to a freezer-safe container with an airtight lid.
6. Let mixture rest on counter uncovered for 30 minutes.
7. Freeze for 3-6 hours.
– Replace 1 ½ cups of milk in the recipe above with 1 cup whole milk and ½ cup heavy cream.
Save yourself from having to go out to the store to get wine: CALIFORNIA WINE CLUB: Try a Discounted Club Membership